So maybe you’ve got an older home, and you’ve slowly been renovating it, bit by bit. Perhaps you started with those areas of the house that everyone sees, like the living room and the kitchen, and now it’s time for you to focus on yourself. Or maybe you recently bought this lovely old house and you wouldn’t change a thing in the public areas, but you can’t stand the old bathtub where you hit your temple on the short shower head each morning. You’re ready for a shower renovation, but you aren’t sure where to start. Here are some trends that we think are worth exploring as you turn your dream into reality.
- Larger showers are here to stay. Increasingly we are seeing that renovations are removing the big soaking tubs and small showers and replacing them with large, comfortable showers that include bench seats and handheld or rain shower heads.
- Turning tub and shower into one unit also gives you more space in the bathroom, which is wise if you expect to spend the rest of your life in this home. Bathrooms are designed these days with accessibility in mind, and being able to easily step into and out of the shower is key to long-term happiness with your new shower.
- Take this opportunity to think about safety as well, and install slip-resistant tiles on your shower floor.
- There are a great variety of water-safe lighting fixtures that have been developed for showers, meaning that your shower can also be bright enough to see at any hour of the day.
- All this concern about accessibility and safety does not need to prevent your shower from being sleek, elegant and tasteful. The hot colors for 2013 are charcoal and emerald, which are elegant enough to last for years, regardless of where trends may go in the future. There are hundreds of stone and ceramic tile finishes to choose from, whether you want sparkle or understated.
So contact us today and let’s discuss how we can turn your ideal shower dream into reality.