Fly-by-night scam artists posing as legitimate builders or remodelers have been plaguing the Los Angeles area for years. They will approach a homeowner with unsolicited offers of work at bargain prices, but as soon as they have the victim’s cash, they will literally take the money and run, leaving behind shoddy, incomplete work.
The National Association of Home Builders has publicized these warning signs that someone offering you quick, cheap work may be a scam artist:
- He insists that a contract is unnecessary because he trusts you.
- He asks to be paid for the entire job up front, or in cash, since you’re getting such a bargain with his services.
- He makes insinuations or threats–“You never can tell what may happen to your roof if you don’t let me fix it today.”
- He tells you that your home has been chosen as a demo project, which explains the very low price you’re paying for the work.
- He insists the special low price is good only for today.
- Whatever references he gives you can’t be checked.
- His business address is a mailbox or a blind.
Since opening shop in 1989, Bradco Kitchens and Baths, Inc., has built a reputation for honesty and craftsmanship in our home remodeling construction services throughout the greater Los Angeles area. One recent customer said:
“Roberto was always on top of things and when any questions arose he took care of them immediately if not sooner. He is truly a jewel and if I were to go back into business he would be my first employee. . . . If we ever need some work done in the future, and you know my wife, you will certainly be the ones we call. Without exception. Thank you Thank you Thank you!”
If you have a home remodeling project in mind, please contact us for a free estimate today.