Make hardwired carbon monoxide detectors your next home improvement

What causes carbon monoxide poisoning?

CO is a gas that is produced by burning some kind of fuel. This means that any machine or appliance that burns fuel can create an unsafe condition in your home if not operated properly. This includes your home’s furnace, water heater, and kitchen appliances. Dangers in the garage include a running vehicle, lawn mower, snow blower, or any other gas-powered tool.

 

What are the effects of carbon monoxide?

The effects of CO depend on the concentration level and the health condition of the individual but generally include nausea, headaches, confusion, vomiting, flushing of the skin, and difficulty breathing. A person who is exposed to carbon monoxide can die in just a few minutes, even without the presence of these side effects.

 

What can I do if I suspect carbon monoxide poisoning?

Get out of your home immediately to a place with plenty of fresh air. This will prevent further exposure, however, you should also call 911 since you likely have CO in your system and will need to be examined by a doctor. Before entering your home again, ventilate the area that contains the source of the gas. If you are unsure of where the CO originated, contact a professional immediately who can help diagnose the problem. Do not remain in the house until the problem has been resolved.

 

What can I do to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning?

The best way to remain alert to potential CO leaks is to install hardwired UL approved carbon monoxide detectors. Hardwired models connect directly to the wiring of your home which eliminates risks such as dead batteries or a wall unit getting accidentally unplugged. Combination carbon monoxide and smoke detector units care also available for a clean and unobtrusive look. Bradco Kitchens and Baths Inc. can help you with this important home improvement. With more than 20 years of experience in updating homes, we can help you choose a product that will keep your home safe from carbon monoxide. Contact us today for more information. Let us help you protect your home from the silent killer known as carbon monoxide.

Comments Closed

Comments are closed.